TLA offers a variety of learning opportunities through our LSO CPD Accredited programs. Our goal is to support you in your dual role as lawyer and business owner by providing 1 to 2 hours education sessions on current issues directly affecting you and your practice: legal trends, legislative & court decisions, as well as practice and firm management guidance.
Members - New Calls: $20
Members - Licensing Candidates (Articling Students, LPP Students and NCA Program Students): $20
Non-members and Friends of the TLA: $120
Law School Students: Free
The TLA Update will keep you informed of all our upcoming educational programs.
Selected TLA programs are available as web replays through our partner CPDOnline, two weeks after the event. Check also our CPD Annual Summary, to collect your CPD hours of the current annual year. CPDOnline sets their own pricing and TLA pricing doesn’t apply to CPDOnline replays.
Upcoming programs - Mark your calendar!
- Marketing Tips for Solos and Smalls - Thursday, May 7
- Real Estate Issues in Toronto: Local issues for practitioners - Thursday, May 21
- Indigenous Criminal Program - September 2020
- Family Law Program - Fall 2020
- Powerful Speaking Skills for Lawyers series (Fall sessions) - October 2020**
- Construction Law's New Era of Adjudication and Prompt Payment in Review - Thursday, October 15
- Search and Seizure Program - Fall 2020
- Speed Mentoring - Fall 2020**
- Employment Program - Fall 2020
- The Supreme Court of Canada in 2020: Recent Cases, Latest Trends - Fall 2020
** Not available for complimentary tickets.
Research Skills Training
The TLA also presents a range of invaluable hands-on sessions. Professional trainers deliver demonstrations of library resources and popular databases. Limited seating available.
This organization has been approved as an Accredited Provider of Professionalism Content by The Law Society of Ontario.