BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Increase Your Productivity
- Legal research by librarians - included in membership
- Overnight book borrowing privileges at Courthouse Library - members only
- LexisNexis Quicklaw and Divorcemate
- Long term locker rentals at all three courthouses - members only
- Consulting room rentals at all three Courthouses - members only
- Wifi at 361 University lawyers lounge or library - members only
- Toronto Civil Court Lists on TLA website
- Photocopy, scan and fax services available
- Buy tabs, shirts and cufflinks in the library
Keep Current and Collect CPD Hours Quickly and Cost Effectively
- TLA Nutshells - LSUC accredited CPD learning in just an hour or two - members discount
- Toronto Law Journal - substantive articles relevant to your practice - members only
- TLA Weekly Verdict - weekly legal e-news digest
- TLA Update – weekly email of upcoming events and legislative changes
- TLA Newsstand - a daily newsfeed provided by Lexology, tailored to your practice area
Seize the Opportunity to Be Recognized by Your Clients and Peers
- TLA Award of Distinction - for excellence of the recipient's lifetime contribution to the integrity and worth of the law and to the legal profession.
- Honsberger Award – to a TLA member in recognition of a single unique accomplishment or ongoing contributions to the legal community and the community at large.
Make Your Voice Heard on Issues that Directly Impact You
- TLA Advocates on your behalf, at your behest.
- As a member you help shape and prioritize the advocacy agenda.
Connect with Your Professional Community
- TLA Soirees – informal networking with the Bench and Bar over wine and cheese
- Exclusive courthouse lounges
- Job postings in the online Career Centre
- Volunteer on a committee or with Ontario Justice Education Network(OJEN)
- Become a speaker/moderator at a Nutshell
Do Better Research
- Visit the library and use the most up-to-date resources:
- Range of legal databases including Lexis Advance Quicklaw, WestlawNext Canada, and Lexis Practice Advisor, among many others
- Comprehensive print and e-book collection
- Have in-depth research done by expert librarians
- Obtain a WiFi username and password for use in the TLA Library and Lawyers Lounge facilities at 361 University Ave.